East Farleigh Time Line

Some notable dates:

1899 - The first gas lamps appear in the village; on the bridge and Farleigh Hill, Tovil.
1844 - The Medway Valley railway line opens.
1903 - Mains water is first supplied but only to the lower part of the village.
1920 - Mrs Maconochie donates land in Vicarage Lane for use as a recreation ground.
1925 - Maidstone Corporation investigates the possibility of supplying electricity to the village.
1938 - Refuse collection begins.
1963 - East Farleigh parish council loses Coxheath which forms its own parish council.
1980 - The village is connected to mains drainage.
1992 - The County Council agree to a 30mph speed limit in parts of the village.

Latest News East Farleigh RRS Feed
Fete de la Musique 2018
Sat 23rd June 1 to 5pm

5 Live Bands * Pony Rides
WI Teas * Beer and Pimms
Vintage Car Display
Dance * Stalls * Games!
Click for more Details...
Farmers' Market 2018
First Sunday Every Month
10am to 1pm
Venue - The Old School Hall
Click for more Details...